Humor Flash Fiction posted March 14, 2020 Chapters: -2- 3... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Manners are proper for all in areas of the animal kingdom.

A chapter in the book Psych Out News

Man Found Having Tea Party

by Mia Twysted




Background
A collection of funny, outrageous, and at times imposable events in our history that may or may not have made the news.
Dressed in his Sunday best, Odour Judge Archibald Tee Humpstick was found in the center of the kangaroo exhibit at the local zoo. Having illegally entered the enclosure at High Tea Time, he set out to engage in a tea party with Jumps, the female inhabitant of the compound.

After pouring the marsupial a hot English glass of tea, he approached her. Jumps gently took the fine china from his hand. She then proceeded to taste the liquid before smashing the porcelain on the ground. To Humpstick's surprise, the Australian native reared back on her tall, kicking the adventurous man across the enclosure. As a result, he suffered three broken ribs and a fractured pelvic bone.

"You never think it's going to be someone you know," Humpstick's neighbor, professional snuggler Shelly Go Lightly, said. "And we were such a respectable neighborhood."

"We all just thought he was a well-mannered man with a respectable job sniffing armpit, mouths, and feet for a living," said Devin VanDees Nuts, local scuba pizza delivery man. "He would always tip his top hat at us as we walked by."

It seems this isn't the first time Humpstick has engaged in the delicate art of drinking with animal counterparts. Last spring, he and his top hat dined with another kangaroo at the Hobo Habitat Zoo in Fizzywater, just two towns over. Humstick has also engaged in tea with a zebra and one extraordinary elephant.

Celebrating High Tea Time is on the rise as the modern culture calls for more civilized relations. People from across the globe have been putting their differences aside to sip in style each afternoon in hopes of promoting peace and understanding.

Although Humpstick hopes to create a measure of trust and support from his afternoon endeavors with our fellow creatures of the earth, he claims there are limits to its magic.

"One has to be open to the idea of tea," Humpstack said, "there must be a willingness to accept who the person you're drinking with truly is."

Humpstack's wife, Ho Lotta Humpstack, insists her husband is foolish minded and childish at heart.

"He lives with his head in the clouds," said Ho Lotta, "always working and mixing his blends. Believing he can one day find the perfect mix that could lead to animals and humans having a civilized exchange of fluids."

Despite his wife's disapproval and lack of faith, Humpstack plans to continue his experimental, and, at times, almost deadly mission to one day sit down next to a fellow-creature and exchange stories over the world's best cup of tea.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mia Twysted All rights reserved.
Mia Twysted has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.