Humor Fiction posted January 24, 2020 Chapters:  ...4 5 -6- 7... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
retirement from kids perspective

A chapter in the book The Book of Retirement

Les Boyz

by Iza Deleanu

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

Dustin aka Sparrow and Hopper aka Dove, these are our boys. I always wonder what goes through their small heads. Hopper is the wise and quiet one. Dustin is smaller and he acts like a baby. He does whatever he wants, whenever he wants and doesn’t give a shit about the consequences. If I only knew… what they think about retirement. Suddenly I just start hearing voices. Wow, my boys are talking.

- Dovie, mom and dad are making plans for an early retirement…

- Man this will be so cool for us!

- Why? Don’t you think is cool now?

- Yeah is cool, but if they retire, we will have all-inclusive service 24 from 24, front desk, ocean view, birdiessssssss, sand man, real sand.

- Yeah, dream on!

- No, bro I am serious. We will not stay at home alone until they come back from work. Every day is going to be week end day! We will have whatever we want just pressing the Meow button.

-  And you can use your charm for tips. Right?

 - Hey, stop making fun of me. I can’t help it, I like to be loveable.

 - Yeah, you like especially when mom tells you to shut up because the neighbors will hear you. Or 2 am in the morning when you and start to kiss her… and she needs to wake up at 5 am to go to work.

 - What? It’s not my fault that we are illegal here? Oh, this will be so awesome if they retire in that island that dad was talking about. We will finally be legal and scream our happiness.

- Sparrows wake up man; stop meowing in your sleep. The neighbor is home, so be quiet, you don’t want to make mom cry.

- What the heck, Doves, I was having a retirement dream. I was running on a beautiful beach after birdieeesss and I was doing my business on the freshly washed sand, screaming: ” Mine and mine, and this is mine, too.”

- Come over here and look over the window.

- Okay. What? White sand? But where is the ocean?

- You silly baby, that is not sand that is snow and the ocean…hmm, come over here. Mom is watching the ocean right now.

- Is she?

- Yup, she is watching a documentary about Costa Rica. I heard her telling dad that she is going to start to run a list with possible places for retirement, so she will not be surprised when the times come.

- That means that we are stuck here for a couple of more years?

-  Yes.

- And we will still be illegal?

 - Yes. You are in Alberta, and I don’t see any time soon that they will change the legislation for us.

 - Man this sucks! Why are  they not allowing compassionate animals for emotional support in this crazy province. They will cut the cost of medication and stress leave, like that! If I was a minister, I would change this right away. You know in the States and other provinces, they allow moms and dads to have pets for emotional support…

  - I know, baby. Why do you think mom cries all the time? She is scared that someone will hear  and take us away.

 - Take us away? I don’t want to go to foster care or to an animal shelter. We will die there. Okai, Doves, I don’t want all inclusive any more, I want my mommyyyyyyyyy.

 - Bro, shut up! Remember what mum said “QUIETTTTTTTT!”

I look at my babies, and I am grateful to God for sending them to me. They come in a moment when I felt that my life had ended, but he sent me two angels to help me.
 
 

 




This is chapter 6 in the Book of my fictional retirement. Each story talks about different perspectives and points of view about this journey. If you want to have fun and be serious in the same time, please give this book a chance. As always, thank you for reading and for the grammar suggestions. P.S. I am using different versions of the names to show their bond of love and affection. Thank you so much Yvette for the grammar corrections:)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.