General Poetry posted January 6, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Dedicated to firefighters and animal rescuers.

Tragic Torch of Tribulation

by LisaMay


Tribulation’s torch 

may burn all around,

but we’ll stand staunch 

on caring common ground.



 



20 and the letter T writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a 20 syllable poem using the 20th letter of the English alphabet, the letter T. The word starting with the letter T must be an object, such as Tiger, Tea, Tax, Tickets, Time, etc. Your 20 syllables can be presented any way you like. Here is one example:

Telegrams
are out of date
wait ...
never hesitate
to send a wire
after eight.

There are no rhyming or meter requirements.



Recognized


Author's Note:
In an emergency, compassion and assistance come to the fore. In the bushfires currently ravaging many parts of Australia, countless animals have been lost to the flames. Some have been lucky enough to be rescued. The photo shows Patrick Boyle, a hunter, who has been going out on his own to find injured and struggling koalas on the outskirts of Mallacoota, a coastal settlement in Victoria, which has been devastated by bushfires. So far, he's rescued nine animals and all have survived. Firefighters and residents are all rescuing animals and taking them to wildlife shelters. Koala populations are being especially hard hit; they cannot get away quickly, and because they live in trees they are vulnerable. Even if the tree is not entirely burnt, the upward heat can be lethal.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.