Letters and Diary Non-Fiction posted November 26, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
From my house to yours

Happy Thanksgiving FanStory

by Sally Law





~**~
From my family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I hope you all are warm, safe, and blessed, no matter where you are.

Special thanks to those who are serving in our military or fighting the good fight at home.

Jackson and I always try to make room at our family's table for those who are traveling, or may be displaced this time of year--for whatever reason. You'd be surprised what a meal and some kind conversation can do to lift someone's spirits. What seems like nothing to us, can mean the world to someone else.

I found an old thank you note from a young lady named Katherine, who visited our home one year. She had no where to go for Thanksgiving dinner. One of our sons assured her she would be welcome to join our lively celebrations.We squeezed her in at the last minute, literally.  It was a zoo if I remember correctly--food flying and babies crying.

She sent me the sweetest thank you note a few days later.  It  read~

"Thank you so much for the fun, food, and Christian fellowship. Holidays are still very difficult for me, especially since my mother passed away and my dad recently remarried. Your affectionate ways and "come by anytime" invitation, made me feel loved, and I hadn't felt that in a long time. Thank you, again, for letting me drop in. Love, Kat"

She has been to our home many times since then, and always pulled me aside to tell me how appreciative she was. I have great hopes for her, and I know she will not forget to be kind and share her blessings by  passing them along. After all, isn't that what blessings are for?

God bless you all~
Sally and Jackson xoxo



Recognized

#126
2019


Art: 600 https://pixabay.com/images/search/sketch%20art/
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sally Law All rights reserved.
Sally Law has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.