Spiritual Non-Fiction posted October 28, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Letter to my best friend. (517 words)

Hi God - How Are You Doing?

by LisaMay




Hi there, my dearest friend, God –

I’ll get straight to the point because I know you’re busy.  (You see me every day, but I thought you might appreciate a hand-written letter.)  I hope I’m not overstepping the mark here; you never write letters to me but I do know you're around – I see you everywhere. How are you doing? You are always here for me, I can feel the strength of your love, but, if it’s not too personal, do you have enough support yourself? Are you eating OK? Getting enough sleep?

I know you love your work, but it must be so very tiring listening to everyone’s problems, working miracles, tending your flock, with people expecting you to be everywhere at once, to be all things to all people. 

That’s exhausting! Back in the day, my dad was a country doctor making house calls, so I’ve seen what it’s like. You’ve got even more folks to get around. And my uncle was a sheep farmer. I know how much energy it takes persuading those strays back into the fold, as well as mending the fences. And your farm is huge! I really do appreciate all the effort you put in.

I used to be upset that I never had the joy of a good partner in marriage, and have missed out on being a parent with a family to love, but you have put other pleasures and community responsibilities into my life, so no hard feelings, friend. Your best reward to me was to honour me with the gift of creativity, so I can share that.

I thank you for my good health, too. I know accidents happen, and sometimes we have really tough burdens to bear, but so far, so good. Just the odd niggle. You’ve probably got them yourself – after all, you’re older than Methuselah!

Some of my dear friends are suffering various afflictions and misfortunes, so, while I can’t think of anything to request of you at the moment for myself, could you please give them the support that I might have needed from you to add to the support that you’re already giving them? Actually, it doesn’t just need to be for my friends – please give it to whoever is suffering anywhere, and could benefit from feeling the power of your reassuring love.

Remember that I love you very much, even though I get distracted sometimes. But you’ll know all about that. I’ll keep you in my prayers. You’re welcome to come visit anytime. It’d be heavenly to have you. Relax awhile – I won’t pester you. You can stay forever!

With my sincere best wishes and undying love (thanks to your Son. What a guy! Please pass on my heartfelt thanks to Him, too. We talk often, but I know He listens to you.)

I remain your humble servant,

“Sparrow” (you know who). xoxo

P.S. Could I have a bike for Christmas please? Haha… only teasing.
I hope YOU get lots of presents. You’ve helped me in the past, and I know you’ll be there in my future.



 



Dear God, writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a letter to God expressing your most pressing concerns and/or questions believing with all your heart and soul, that He will receive, read and answer you. Your letter does not necessarily have to be be a request. Just a sincere heart to heart will do.

Prose only.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.