Family Non-Fiction posted October 27, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I trust God will provide her relief.

A Prayer for Laura

by HarryT

Dear God, Contest Winner 

Dear God,

Please grant my daughter relief for the daily pain she endures. She suffers from Chiari Malformation and as a result has had to endure ten years of constant pain even after seven surgeries on her brain and spine. She had a shunt implanted a few years ago which helped somewhat to drain spinal fluid that was spilling into her brain cavity. This condition causes her daily pain which includes suffering from headaches, leg, neck and back pain, along with walking, vision, hearing and balance difficulties.

Yet, through all this painful malaise she has managed to teach special education children full time. However, today, she informed that me that she must admit to herself she no longer can do it. She said she no longer has the energy to drag herself from bed in the morning and do a quality job for her students. She says she is completely exhausted at the end of the school day and no longer can she plan, teach and keep up with all the paper work that must be completed for each student.

She tells me she is going to ask to be placed on disability. To say it plainly dear, God, she surely needs your healing grace. I trust You will intervene and provide her some relief from the pain she daily endures and allow her to someday return to teaching her beloved special education students.


Writing Prompt
Write a letter to God expressing your most pressing concerns and/or questions believing with all your heart and soul, that He will receive, read and answer you. Your letter does not necessarily have to be be a request. Just a sincere heart to heart will do.

Prose only.

Dear God,
Contest Winner


Chiari malformation is a condition in which brain tissue extends into the spinal canal. It occurs when part of the skull is abnormally small or misshapen, pressing on the brain and forcing it downward. Spinal fluid may escape and cause leakage into the brain cavity. Symptoms are: Neck pain, unsteady gait (problems with balance), poor hand coordination (fine motor skills), numbness and tingling of the hands and feet, dizziness, difficulty swallowing, sometimes accompanied by gagging, choking and vomiting, speech problems, such as hoarseness.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.