General Fiction posted October 20, 2019


Average
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a flash fiction

The forever revenge.

by judester

Sarah arranged pretty flowers on the tray. She added an egg on toast and a cup of tea. With a soft sigh, she carried the tray to her sister's room.

In the hallway of the mansion, she passed the various photographs of her and her sister Jenny growing up. Smiling girls on a sailboat, skiing, posing in elegant gowns at various events.

Very wealthy and beautiful, the Harris sisters lived a wonderful life.
Until Robert moved into the village.

He was a handsome playboy and both girls fell head over heels in love.
He chose Sarah and they were to be married in the spring.

One night she caught Robert and her sister in the pool house.

Sarah was devastated, but she never said a word.
She plotted her revenge.

At the Memorial Day party in town, after a few drinks, Sarah sneaked out to the parking lot and cut the brake line in Roger's sports car.

She returned to the party, then walked home alone along the beach.

He mother woke her frantically early the next morning to tell her that Jenny and Robert had been in an accident. His brakes failed and they ran off the cliff.

Roger was dead and Jenny had suffered serious head injuries.
When they brought her home from the hospital, she was no longer the enchanting, funny younger sister.
She was now like an innocent eight year old girl.

Sarah had never intended to hurt her sister. In her blind jealousy, she raged against Robert. She never thought of the implications and now she was paying for that act of revenge.

She never went out any more. Since the death of both her parents, she was the sole guardian of her handicapped sister. There were nurses to help out, of course but Sarah felt that it was her duty to care for her sister until one of them died.

She entered the room and placed the tray gently beside her sleeping sister. She opened the brocade curtains and golden sunlight flooded the room.

Jenny woke with a big yawn as she greeted Sarah.

"Oh thank you for breakfast. Can we go feed the ducks today?"

Sarah kissed her beloved sister and brushed back her hair.

"Yes Jen, we will go and feed the ducks today."




Best Served Cold writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a flash fiction tale of REVENGE. Maximum 800 words. This can be in any genre and can range from a light-hearted prank to a murderous act of vengeance. Clever twists and irony encouraged.


Thanks to Browncat for the artwork.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.