General Poetry posted October 14, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Every ounce of preparation prepares for competition.

Competition begins in preparing

by JLR

Competition is good for the soul!

To prepare, condition, to be able to
compete, make a stand, hold your ground.

To compete is to set your mind on the prize!

Then put into action every effort; let every muscle
be tuned to its peak.

The eye on the prize has so many facets!

The trust, the respect, the long hours of training,
coaches' glare, the competitors' stare.

Winning comes from preparing, bearing witness that to compete you must leave every ounce of the very best you bring on the field to the last second, of the last play, every game!



 



Competition writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a free verse poem on competition. Tell what it means to be competitive and why you love competition or not. Free verse is a form of poetry that does not necessarily follow to any specific meter patterns, rhyme, or any other pattern. Free verse, despite its freedom, often still has some elements of form. Most free verse does observe a convention of lines and structure. No rhyming patterns.

Recognized

#2261
2019


Free verse on my thoughts about competition.

My coach's words burnished in my mind: To do work on the field and off the field. Do your job, trust the man on the left and the man on the right to do his job, these are the tools required for competition. Otherwise, you are just a stat, a run-over.

My thanks for the use of Friday Night Lights by MKFlood on FanArtReview.com
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MKFlood at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. JLR All rights reserved.
JLR has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.