Humor Flash Fiction posted August 27, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
An Abundantly Alliterative Adventure (296 words)

Giggling Girls and Boozy Boys

by LisaMay

Travel Story with Alliteration Contest Winner 





According to the astutely articulate advice of my Aunt Annabelle, Amtrak was admirable for its awesome adventures that could be agreeably arranged. These advanced across the amazingly abundant access routes around America. Seeking satisfying stimulation, we should see some scintillating sights in our search for stunning scenery.

We settled on several September seats for Aunt Annabelle, Abigail, Amelia, and Adele, as well as for Simon, Steve, and Samuel – so it was successfully sorted!

Thus transpired our titillating travels, memorable for meandering along magic miles amidst monumentally majestic and mesmerizing mountains. Meanwhile, a warm western welcome awaited. We willingly wended our way beside beautiful beach bays before a blissful bedtime, to drift from the day’s delightful dalliance while sinking into slumber on silken sheets. 

Upon proceeding, passages of picturesque prettiness attracted praising opinions about the fabulous forests featured, and the fenced farmland fields. Remarkable rivers ran rhythmically with restful rejuvenation; we also saw rippling waterfalls of wow-factor wonderment.

The charming chaos of captivating cities celebrated their cross-continent connection on Amtrak’s notable national network – a superlative system of superior comfortable carriages for picky problematic passengers’ contentment, with a capacious carrying capacity to delight the discerning.

Our gleeful group of gaily giggling girls was glad to have enjoyed such a jolly jaunt. The bonny buxom wenches were bursting their brassieres, bouncing bountifully with joyfully jiggling jugs as the train transited some tricky terrain.

For a simple scrumptious snack, the girls gobbled grapes and the boys were biting big bananas. I was aghast at Aunt Annabelle’s astonishing appetite – audaciously attempting to eat eight avocados. The bemused boys began to beam broadly while imbibing beer and brandy. Beware the boozy burps of bedraggled bad-mannered boys!

We disembarked at Denver – drunk and dejected. Lamentably, our luxury luggage was lost.



Writing Prompt
Write a flash fiction TRAVEL STORY that features as much ALLITERATION as you can cram in.
Break the rules! Go overboard with adjectives and alliteration in a STORY of up to 300 words describing some form of travel experience.

Travel Story with Alliteration
Contest Winner
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.