General Fiction posted August 21, 2019 Chapters:  ...91 92 -93- 94 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a 150-word story

A chapter in the book Short

Mighty Grace

by Bill Schott



Grace ran across the living room as George chased her with the unsheathed samurai weapon. 

"I've had it with your lazy lunches, you stupid cow!"

“Eat your macaroni and cheese, George. Just boil the noodles and pour on the yellow goop. You don’t need a chef for that.”

“Chef?!  You spend all your time writing poetry on Fanstory.”

Grace turned quickly as George fell over a recliner. Recovering, he repositioned the chair, picked up the Japanese blade, and continued the chase.   Grace had used the few seconds respite to review a recent haiku that had popped up on her site. Seeing George nearing, she raised her own weapon.

KONK!

George dropped to the floor after Grace smacked him in the head with an iron skillet.

“The PAN is mightier than the sword!” she shouted, as the skillet twirled in her hand and she sat down to begin a new poem.  
 
 

 



Flash Fiction contest entry

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.