Biographical Non-Fiction posted August 4, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
My thoughts about the process of writing

Writing and Me

by HarryT


My writing ideas come from the way I see the world, and how others behave in it. I draw thoughts and ideas for stories and poems saved in the chambers of my mind. I write about desires, memories, wishes, hopes, mistakes, fears, and "what ifs". I write about girls I have known, long lost friends, and my children. I write about remembrances that hurt, and occasions that made me happy. Of course, there are also the questions of life.  Who am I?  Why am I here? Where am I going? And, is there still time to become? All questions I ponder and pose to my muse.
 
Writing is an outlet for me. It gives an opportunity to express who I am and who I might want to be. I am never bored, time is never wasted. Writing time is well spent, especially when I’m in a zone, like athletes like to say. And yes, even when I fail to produce something I consider worthy, I am always learning, even if I just file it in the circular file.
 
I can truly say writing has changed me. I have become more observant, more reflective and more insightful. I look for meaning where before I did not bother. I want to paint word pictures to be seen by many people.  A great joy is an occasion when someone says he or she liked a piece that I have created.

 



Writing writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story or essay with the topic of "writing". Can be instructional or a character in the story can be a writer. Creative approaches welcomed.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.