General Fiction posted July 31, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Protesters rebuked at the pub.

Protesters at Jakes Pub

by Lance S. Loria


Jake wiped tables while listening to the news. Protesters against vaccinations were blocks away.

"Parents of students oppose mandatory vaccines. They're fearful of side effects."

Jack recalled when vaccinations were taken willingly, and childhood diseases declined.

It was raining, and the protest was dispersing.

The door opened and people, dripping wet, entered. Placards placed on tables, they approached the bar.

Jake faced them asking, "Does anyone want shots?"

Watching their facial expressions, Jake laughed hysterically.



75 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story on any topic. But you must use only 75 words to tell your story. Exactly 75 words. Title not included in the count.


The opposition to vaccinations is a dangerous health concern. The measles outbreak is evidence.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Lance S. Loria All rights reserved.
Lance S. Loria has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.