General Flash Fiction posted July 30, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A young child's pain and suffering is heartbreaking.

Clay's Broken Heart

by Mia Twysted

Clay let out a heavy sigh as he moved his breakfast around his plate. 

"She's not coming, is she?" he said.

"I'm sure she's on her way?" his father said. 

"I'm full, can I please be excused?"

"Sure buddy."

"I'm going to take a walk outside."

"No problem."

Hours passed as Clay wandered around the farm watching the light drain from the sky. Settling next to his favorite Weeping Willow, the dark-haired boy knelt. Holding back his tears, his father watched from the living room window. Picking up one rock after another, Clay bounced them across the water, creating ripples across the once smooth glassy surface. 

"Why do I always have the bad luck?" he said to himself.

Pulling his phone from his back pocket, he checked the clock for the time. Wiping away a tear, he slowly walked back inside. Once again, his mother wasn't coming. 



100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: breakfast, light, rock, phone, clock
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mia Twysted All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Mia Twysted has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.