Writing Fiction posted July 29, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Not fond of the Sedona area

Earthquake?

by HarryT

100 Word Story Contest Winner 

Morning rays of light were slowly creeping into our room. I heard a rumble. I sat up in bed. Peered at green numbers on the digital clock that glowed 4:30. We were vacationing in Sedona, Arizona. I'm not fond of the place. The red, surrounding mountains make me feel like I'm trapped in a teacup.

I heard a thunderous crash, the room trembled. I shook my wife and said, “Wake up! We’re having an earthquake.” She sat up, and said, "Can't be. This is Arizona." A minute later, the phone rang. It was the proprietor saying that there was nothing to worry about. He said a large rock had rolled down the mountain across from the hotel and broke through the front door and into the lobby. He continued, no one was hurt; and breakfast will be served at the regular time, and then hung up.

 


Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: breakfast, light, rock, phone, clock

100 Word Story
Contest Winner
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.