Fantasy Fiction posted July 25, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
What happens when you talk and drive

The Dream Car of the Future

by poetwatch


I had a dream and in this dream, the cars were flying. As I looked down through the car's crystal floor, the buildings far below were very small. You were driving and talking your fool-head off with someone on the front windshield. The music playing was out of this world, but it had a calming effect. I don't know where we were, but you had me tied down to the seat. I couldn't even stick my head out the window, everything was locked. I look around me and notice a flashing light with a date and some writing coming from the interior of the car.

It read, "Urgent, the date is now the March 3, 3333, your license expired three days ago and you have not made your monthly payment. This is your third and final warning. If you do not stop this flying around, WE WILL GROUND YOU! No more will you drive this imported model, candy-apple Mars Coupe, powered by the very electrons in the air and able to reach speeds of up to 300 miles a minute, with its clear textured glass and soft special fabrics, made only on Mars, and a no hold, no hassle auto-robotic steering.
Please acknowledge this message."

After a while, the lighted message quit flashing, but stayed on.

All of a sudden, flashing lights surrounded us. As police units enclosed our orbit, we stopped in mid-air and started to descend at a high rate of speed.

I was scared and looked over at my companion; you looked stunned. With your mouth wide open, you finally got off the phone and read the message. You looked over at me, but I didn't say a word.

I'm just a dog that knows how to read.



An Automobile Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story of up to 300 words (no poems) including something to do with an automobile. Fact or fiction, but a car must be mentioned somehow in your story.


Even in the future one does not talk and drive. :)


Thank you MKFlood.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MKFlood at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. poetwatch All rights reserved.
poetwatch has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.