General Fiction posted July 11, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a 100 word flash fiction.

Grandpa's secret

by judester


Tom sat by the window of Grandpa's treehouse, hidden by the leafy branches.

His family mingled with the mourners below as they shuffled around slowly, paying their final respects. Sad laughter and murmured memories drifted up to where he sat.

Grandpa had always told Tommy of his treasure trove, but never revealed his hiding place.

Now, Grandpa was gone forever. His treasures remained a secret.

Tommy leaned his head against the rough wall, sighed at his dilemma.

A faint click startled him as the panel softly popped open.

There lay Grandpa's life memories.

His legacy. In silver, gold and sepia.






100 Word Dash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.


Thanks to avmurray for the artwork.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.