Humor Fiction posted June 5, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
What if we suppressed fire alarms like we suppress pain

Bypass

by Lordinajamjar

"I can't hear myself think. That damn fire alarm!"  Peter ran outside to call for help on his cell phone.  

"Hello.  This is Peter--"  

"We know, Peter. Stay calm we have got this.  Now go to the red pole. Hit the button that says Fireprofen."  

Peter hit the red button,

"Yes!  The alarm has stopped. You guys are brilliant!"  

"No problem Peter.  The noise is bypassed. You sleep well now.  In eight hours press again." 



75 Words Flash Fiction contest entry


Does Peter die in his sleep? Yes it is very probable that he would be burned to death. Though you can rest easy. This is fiction after all. ;)

Do people who take pain killers die in their sleep? The answer is eventually.

The message here is that pain killers mask the symptoms but do not address the underlying problem that is causing the pain. Many times acute pains in the body are the result of misalignment of the neck or spine or both. A chiropractor can fix these problems by readjusting the back and neck vertebrae. No drugs. No surgery.

Today blame for the opioid epidemic is being placed solely on the Pharmaceutical industry. Why? Because they have plenty of money so are ripe to be sued.

Are they blameless? No. However the doctors who handed out the opioids must accept blame for not trying to heal their patients. They broke the their Hippocratic oath. DO NO HARM.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Lordinajamjar All rights reserved.
Lordinajamjar has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.