Spiritual Non-Fiction posted May 24, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The beauty all around.

Something Beautiful

by Sally Law


Our eyes are drawn to beauty. We look for it and seek it out naturally.

Some folks prefer the mountains over the beach, and wading into the salty surf.

But, as most of us would agree, we like to visit our favorite places to enjoy the natural beauty. (Also, a good ice cream shop doesn't hurt, either.)

I believe it's a God-given desire within us to seek out these things.

God surely delights in granting us these beautiful sights and sounds, which run like a never ending show. The brilliant sunrise gives way to a golden sunset, then is called again onstage for an encore.

The world is breathtakingly beautiful and ours for enjoyment. It costs nothing except to pause long enough to take it in.

Unfortunately, our world has ugly things, too. It always has, our eyes instinctively drawn to the blight of life. And, if we look upon it too long, we will forget what true beauty is, losing ourselves in the dark corridors of despair.

I had a friend who was a trauma nurse, eventually quitting her job because she had seen so much blood and heartache. The dark side of her life had finally taken over.

She forgot to step away to gaze upon good, virtuous, and lovely things of life--the faces of her children rarely seen, falling asleep while waiting up for her.

There is beauty all around us and it's there for a reason. Could it be purposefully directing our attention to God? I think so.

I see very little on television or in the mainstream news these days that's virtuous, or even trustworthy. I have recently turned away from the daily media saturations to give my attention to other things. And, you know what? I feel better already!

Constant negativity and hateful words aren't pretty, and lure me away from the good things that invoke praises to my God.

The Bible says, "Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things." Philippians 4:8

There is something beautiful for you and me to appreciate every day--a beautiful gift from God Himself.

************

Enjoy this majestic video featuring the Newsboys, "Something Beautiful."



Recognized

#97
2019




Cellphone photo of a beautiful Florida sky.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sally Law All rights reserved.
Sally Law has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.