General Poetry posted April 20, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a 5 7 5 trio

mmmmmaple syrup

by judester

Fragrant steam rises,
golden bubbles of syrup ~
so blissfully sweet

Anticipating,
warm drizzles, poured on cold snow~
Canadian treat

Sunday waffles crowned,
in ribbons of regal joy~
reverent, we eat.





A Suite for the Sweets [5-7-5 trio] writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a poem consisting of THREE 5-7-5 stanzas that focuses on your favorite sweet dessert (see 'catch' below)! And yes, it's okay to have more than one in there like cake and ice cream OR cookies and milk... be creative if you want!!

The ONLY catch is that the LAST line of each stanza must all rhyme (the rest are optional) such that your rhyme scheme for the poem would be ??C ??C ??C. Remember, the question mark lines do not have to rhyme -- only lines 3,6,& 9 are required to rhyme -- but it's okay if you choose to make other rhymes within your poem. :) :)

Each stanza should be of the standard 5-7-5 format:

first line (5 syllables)
second line (7 syllables)
third line (5 syllables)

So, make this a SWEET SUITE... and impress us! Make us hungry! Make our mouths water! Just make us want to vote for yours! :) :)


Thanks to avmurray for the artwork. In the spring, when the sap is flowing, people gather to the festive cabanse a sucre to celebrate our cherished maple syrup. As they boil the sap into that delicious syrup, the children enjoy hot syrup drizzled on snow, wound up on sticks, while the parents enjoy a Canadian buffet with almost every dish, flavoured with maple. Oh Canada.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.