General Fiction posted March 24, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Typical Day

Shadows

by zanya


Dawn light streams through the curtains.

I'm an owl, not a lark, holed up in my tiny loft studio.

What a blessing! My new writing project requires me to work in my time zone through the small hours.

I relish the quiet of the night. Night sounds intrigue. An angry hissing sound of a catfight breaks the silence. I listen to the rhythmic ticking of my late grandfather's wooden clock. He worked the night shift, in the shipyard.

As light through the curtains increases, the harsh sound of traffic dominates once more.
My 'day' ends till the shadows lengthen.



A Typical Day writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
In 100 words, or less, describe a typical day in your life. You can embellish a bit--for entertainment purposes--but try to keep it as factual as possible. Show us what it's like to walk in your shoes. Have fun with it!


Image from Google Images
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. zanya All rights reserved.
zanya has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.