General Poetry posted February 10, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Waiting for a sign

Message Me

by Boogienights

God,
can you see me, through the sun shining down?
can you see that I've fallen so hard to the ground?
God,
can you hear me, when millions are praying to you?
are you near me when I'm lost and alone and can't make it through?
God,
do you know me? know what's in my heart, even when I pretend,
will you love and guide me, be my friend to the end?
God,
If you exist, will you be so kind, as to answer some questions? I hope you don't mind.
Why do people suffer with hunger each day? I'm sure that you've heard all their pleas when they pray.
What about war? It's still going on. With your power, you could stop it cold. Would that be so wrong?
Don't mean to offend you, I just want to know. If you could make this world better, why isn't it so?
But I digress, let's get back to me. Just one more thing, then I'll let you be.
God,
if it's true that you know me, that you'll always be there, then your word I will follow and with others I'll share.
God,
please give me a sign, any method will do.
With great anticipation, I'll be waiting on you.




A Poem about God writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a poem of 200-300 words about God, to God, or what God means to you. Any type of poem is fine.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Boogienights All rights reserved.
Boogienights has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.