General Poetry posted January 8, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Wilson's Bird of Paradise

Beautiful Angelic Accident

by Y. M. Roger

Red, yellow, blue swirls...

Cherub spills bright finger paints -

Wilson's Paradise



Bye Bye Blackbird writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a 5-7-5 about any kind of real bird species.


The male Wilson's Bird-of-Paradise sports more colors than any other bird in the family. Each splash of color has a story. Yellows and reds are paint-like pigments. Blues and greens are created by the interaction of light and the microscopic structure of feathers and skin. The blue 'skull cap' is bare skin structure and the blue 'swirl' tail feathers are completely iridescent blue-green. You cannot see here his Kelly green iridescent breast and the yellowish-white inside of his mouth! ;) By whatever mechanism and on whatever surface (skin or feathers) the colors are produced, the combined result is one of the most colorful animals on the planet. Magnificent! ;)

see the fun little guy here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvIuUABZkiI

image of Wilson's Bird of Paradise from Amazing Stuff! [amazingstuff.co.uk/nature]
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.