Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted January 1, 2019 Chapters: -Prologue- 1... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
About the Author - Meet George Martinez

A chapter in the book Me and You 40+ years of Poems

Preface

by QC Poet





My name is George Martinez,
I grew up in Pacoima, California, in the late 1960"s.
I've always had a love for Creative Writing, Poems of Life, Love, Spirituality, Native American and Mexican Indian Tales and music.

Growing up I was given a couple of nicknames by relatives and friends.
The first was "Chochee", from an elder cousin who preferred to call me that over "Georgie".
The second nickname I was given by friends was "Little Crow", as a result of my Eldest brother sharing the following tale told by our father;
"When you hear a crow cawing, look to see what direction it is facing for you will be receiving news / word, either good or bad coming from that direction". This we found true more often than not.

This is a collection of Love, Life, and Hope Poems I have written dating back from 1975 to the present day (2019).
After a thirty five year plus aerospace career, I am now permanently disabled and attempting to complete a book of life's stories and poems.

I am extremely Grateful to all of those who taught me to Pray, Love, Live my Life, and Follow the Teachings of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and to ask for Guidance, Forgiveness, and Protection in our Life's journey.

It is with my Hope and Prayers that to the Readers of this collection of Poems it will bring Smiles, Gladness, Hope, Compassion and Joy to the Reader.

This collection of Poems are Dedicated to my wife Angela, and to my Mother, whom I promised to create and complete a book.




Note,
Some characters appearing in this work maybe fictitious.
Some names have been changed to protect their privacy.
Any resemblance to real persons living or dead are purely coincidental.

Copyright 2019 George Martinez
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. QC Poet All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
QC Poet has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.