Romance Fiction posted December 17, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Past ghost be gone.

Closure

by HarryT

The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.

I was divorced a year ago, and had met a nice young lady in whom I was quite interested. She was kind and sweet, and also had a rough marriage with an alcoholic who she had finally divorced after 25 years of unhappiness.

I heard the phone ring in my secretary's office. She buzzed me and said, "A woman wants to speak with you, and she is very insistent, she said, 'He'll want to speak with me, please put me through.'"

"Do you want me to put the call through?"

"Did she give her name?"

"She just said, 'an old friend.'"

I thought back, couldn't guess who it might be.

"Okay," I said, "put her through."

I knew the voice as soon as a word came from her mouth. It was Susie, the girl to whom I was engaged 15 years ago, and had given my ring back the week before my final college exams. Before I could say a word, Susie said, "I hear you are divorced and wondered if we could get together and talk about old times. I'm divorced also. What do you think?"

"I don't know," I said.

She was insistent, "You remember how well we fit together. After all we were a couple for eight years, before I made the biggest mistake of my life. I would love to see you again. How about it?"

I was silent for a time. I thought about the woman I was presently dating. But, then, I thought we were not engaged or anything. I said to Susie, "Okay, I think I would like that."

We made a date for dinner the following evening.

I went to her apartment. She opened the door attired a sexy black jumpsuit which did little to hide her endowment. Her blonde hair was as beautiful as I remembered and her blues eyes sparkled, set off perfectly by blue eye shadow. She kissed me, her lips as wanton as I remembered. We went to dinner and had a wonderful conversation about our past lives. She said, "We are speaking so easily, it feels like we were never apart."

After we finished dessert, she took my hand and invited me back to her apartment. As soon as we walked in the door, she kissed me and led me to her couch. She stood before me and undid her jumpsuit and then position herself on top of me. She kissed me again and offered her breast. She said, "I hope we can pick up again, I'll show you I never stopped thinking about you."

"I said, "I've thought about you often, but I can't trust you and now it's too late. I am in love with someone else, and I will not do to her what you did to me. I pushed her off of me. "It was good to see you again," I said, "but for me we will never be again."

I closed the door on her beautiful naked body.



Best Served Cold writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a flash fiction tale of REVENGE. Maximum 800 words. This can be in any genre and can range from a light-hearted prank to a murderous act of vengeance. Clever twists and irony encouraged.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.