General Non-Fiction posted December 16, 2018 Chapters:  ...10 11 -12- 13... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Not only a pet but a wonderful mother

A chapter in the book Dreams of Reality

Tempest

by fm wright

Beautiful Creatures Contest Winner 

She was a Canadian Grey. I called her Tempest because she was definitely a windstorm.Tempest was purchased when she was three and one-half weeks old.

After Tempest graduated to a saucer of milk(as wolf pups are traditionally bottle fed to take the wildness out of them)she would rock back on her haunches when she'd had her fill.

Later, when Tempest got big enough, she would stand up on her hind legs and snatch items from off the stove. Tupperware containers were her favorite. These she would put in her special den behind a living room recliner.

Sometime later, while Tempest was raising her first litter, my Shar Pei, Wrinkles, also whelped her first. However, unlike Tempest, Wrinkles didn't know what they were, or what to do with them.
By now, Tempest's pups were nearly at the weaning stage. Taking a gamble, I put Wrinkles' pups in with Tempest. She immediately set to work removing them from their birth sacs. Afterwards she let them nurse. Tempest went on to become the progenitor of many litters.

The day before she died, as Tempest laid on top of her shelter, she looked out beyond the gate fence. Tempest then turned her head and looked at me, as if to say good-bye .


Writing Prompt
Write a short essay about an animal - maximum 300 words. It can be a beloved pet or a wild animal you admire. The photo you include should be of the animal, or type of animal, you are describing.

Beautiful Creatures
Contest Winner


Though I've had many others that I've loved, she is one that stands out in my mind. The above is not a photo of her as she was darker in coloring and lacked the tannish mixture, and I only have pictures of her as a pup. These right now are in storage where I can't immediately get to them. Thanks to Envision for the use of their artwork.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Envision at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. fm wright All rights reserved.
fm wright has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.