Horror and Thriller Fiction posted October 30, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Everything's just fine...

His Cecelia

by Y. M. Roger


“I’m home, Sweetie!”
 
Mac peered into the den to see Cecelia in her chair where he’d left her this morning. His beautiful girl. Sigh. Yes, her face was all the welcome home he’d ever need.
 
“Sorry I’m late - was crazy traffic today,” he began his usual unending monologue, knowing she just liked to hear his voice. “Roses out front are blooming!”
 
He lifted the cover on the slow cooker.
 
“Smells wonderful, Celia! Chicken Crockpot Pie - always a favorite!” he laughed, knowing she wouldn’t respond – She was too aloof for jokes. “Gonna run get comfortable!”
 
After dinner in front of the television, Mac scooped up the plates and then helped Cecelia up the stairs.
 
As they snuggled in for the night, Cecelia’s nose was nuzzled into his shoulder.
 
“Night, Sweetie,” Mac yawned. He was sound asleep in no time.
 
Leaving Cecelia in her chair in the morning sun, Mac ran out the door for an early meeting, phone ringing.
 
“Yes, mom, I’m okay.” He sing-songed, hopping in the car. “Nope. The police don’t know who would steal a cat body from the vet.” Mac drove, distracted. “No, mom, I’m not upset over losing Celia anymore. We-uhm, I’m just fine.”

 



200-Word or Under Horror Flash Fic contest entry

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.