Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted October 23, 2018 Chapters:  ...7 8 -9- 10... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Humidity

A chapter in the book Geoff's Ramblings

Just another of Geoff's Rambles

by Sankey




Background
I decided on this way of adding more to my book "The Little Dog That Wouldn't Let Go" I just got finished, so as not to leave things "up in the air" and me still feeling I had to add more to my story.
Humidity does funny things. It makes you feel hotter and that the climate has become decidedly muggier. In Australia where Summer runs from December to February, it gets muggy and humid even through March.

Some years back we visited Broken Hill on our state's northwest. Broken Hill actually goes on Central Time with South Australia seeing it is right on the border of SA. You can actually take a not-too-distant drive from Broken Hill to where the borders of our northern state, Queensland, our state New South Wales in the East and South Australia in the south converge. One good thing about Broken Hill is, in the Summer, the heat is dry, no humidity and you can get out of the sun in the shade and be much cooler than in, say, our state where humidity is more evident.

I guess you are wondering? Why the Salt and Pepper shakers?

For years we were using some quite ornate glass Salt and Pepper Shakers with silver tin tops. They looked nice on the table but the only problem was, especially for the salt...it would clog up in the shaker due to the humidity. Some have suggested putting some rice in with the salt to keep it drier in the shaker.

However, we discovered these little plastic shakers seem to do the job much better. So as undressy as they are, we find them far more functional and no salt clogging in the shaker anymore.



Recognized


Picture is the stand-in Salt and Pepper shakers.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sankey All rights reserved.
Sankey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.