General Script posted October 8, 2018 Chapters:  ...46 47 -48- 49... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Ned needs a trophy mounted

A chapter in the book Scenes

Scene at the Taxidermist

by Bill Schott



Ned meets Pons' friend, Camp, at the taxidermist.



Camp: Hey, Ned! Funny meeting you here.

Ned: Hope meetin' me here IS funny. Wink, wink.

Camp: Wink, wink?


Nodding towards the fourth wall, Ned grins and widens his stare at Camp.

Ned: Seems somebody's been recordin' me and Ponsezez git tagetters.

Camp: You're being stalked?

Ned: Nobody's bin atalkin', but ev'ry once in a while one a our meetin's finds its way onto the winnernet.

Camp: (
Speaking slowly) You mean the in-ter-net.

Ned: You windin' down, Camp?

Camp: No, Ned. So why are you here?


Pulling a huge ball of fur out of his jacket pocket, he shows it to Camp.

Camp: (Startled) What the hell is that!?

Ned: It's my guinea pig, Rosco.

Camp: You're getting a guinea pig stuffed?!

Ned: Heck, no. Thad be purdy dumb, Camp.

Camp: Well, Ned, to be truthful, you really do seem to be quite stupid.

Ned: Well, Camp. I wouldn't never think ta stuff a guinea pig what weren't dead.

Camp: That thing is alive?

Ned: Well, yeah. If I were carryin' around a dead, little furball, I would be as stupid as you think I am. Hey! Why do you think I'm so stupid?

Camp: Before I answer that, tell me -- is that creature alive or dead?

Ned: He's alive, 'course. Been sleepin' a spell though.

Camp: How long has it been sleeping?

Ned: Since last Tuesday.

Camp: (
raising his voice in frustration and anger) Jeez oh Pete, Ned! You are the dumbest person I have ever met! I have no idea why Pons even hangs around with you.

Ned: Think I should wake Rosco up?

Camp: Wake him up!? Wake him up!?

Ned: Okeedoke. Hey, Rosco. Wake on up.


While both men stare at the still animal in Ned's hands, the proprietor steps up.

Prop: Hey, Gents. How can I help you?

Camp: I have come to see if my marlin is finished.

Prop: I'll check. (
Then turning to Ned) How about you, fella?

Ned: I come to see iffin my raccoon were done.

Prop: Oh, is that yours? Ha ha. That was a fun project. Yes, it is indeed done. (
Looking at the guinea pig in Ned's hand) This another critter you want mounted?

Ned: Naw. He's jes' sleepin'.

Camp: Who are you kidding, Ned? That puffed up rat is dead as a door knob. You are either morbid, stupid, or plain crazy.

Ned: I ain't crazy ner as dumb as you think I am. So I prob'ly ain't morp-ped neither.


Suddenly the guinea pig moves in Ned's hand.

Camp: (Shocked) Hell's bells, Ned! I can't believe that thing is alive!

Ned: Oh yeah. He gits movin' 'round later in the day, like now. Then he turns into a bat and flies out the winder at night.


Both the store proprietor and Camp stare at Ned, then at each other.

Camp: I'll -- uh, I'll come back for that marlin. (Camp moves to the exit and dashes out.)

The proprietor leaves and returns with Ned's mounted animal. It is a raccoon, standing and seeming to roar, like an attacking bear, at a smaller, male action figure.

Prop: This was hilarious to make. Thanks for the idea.

Ned: It looks great. Thanks. Oh yeah, can you stuff my guinea pig?

Prop: I thought he was alive and turned into a bat at night?

Ned: No, he don't do that. I did put a transistor battery under'm wit a wire so's I could make him move once in a while. He started gettin' ripe though, so I thunk you could make him look okay.

Prop: It's too late for your friend, Ned. It would be best to bury him and get another. You sure put a scare into your friend though.


Smiling, Ned headed out with his mounted raccoon . Just outside the taxidermy, he set the raccoon down on a bench and pulled his guinea pig out.

Ned: (Turning the rodent’s head to face him, Ned whispers.)
Hey, Ned. Jes' drop me in that there trash can, and later, I'll turn into a fampyra bat and fly away.
(
Then tossing it into the can)

See ya, Rosco. Happy Hallerween.












 




Image from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.