Biographical Non-Fiction posted October 8, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
2 events that I feel are connected even the photo

I Remember Exactly

by Lulube



I remember two events in my life so clearly, it's as if they happened last week. They occurred within a couple of months from each other, I'd say, about ten years ago.

I had been living alone for quite sometime, since the last relationship that I had been in, ended. I was not without unannounced visitors that would show up quite late at night, for I lived a block behind a popular pub. Everyone knew me from the twenty-two years that I had worked bartending in the local bars and they knew that I was often up late.

These visits kept me up-to-date with the locals and they shared their personal stories. I very seldom went out anymore. I was tired of that life style and quite content to stay at home.

One night, exhausted from a hard day of gardening with my bad back, I decided to take a hot bath before piling into my bed. It totally relaxed me so, that I can't remember closing my eyes. But I must have, because I was woken by a massive jolt that went through my body and jerked me almost out of the bed. We've all had a leg jerk or spasm that has woken us up just as we are falling asleep, haven't we? Well this jolt went straight through me from my head to my toes, sending my body into the air.

My eyes popped wide open and I found myself staring at this brilliant white light that flashed through the window, then it was gone. I bolted upright and sat on the edge of my bed, trying to sift through what had just happened.

I knew I saw a blast of white light that blinded me momentarily and that it disappeared as soon as I registered what I was staring at.

I got back under the covers and the last thought before I drifted to sleep was, did I just have a heart attack? I never told anyone about this night because I figured they would just think I was cracking up, being alone for too long.

A few months went by, I felt okay. There was nothing for me to worry about. I had gotten into bed on the other side this one night. There was a small rocker that was against the wall, a few feet from the side of the bed, facing me propped up with my mega pillows. I was writing notes on a Joyce Meyers TV show that was on. I was turning towards the rocker to reach for a glass of water that was on the night table, when suddenly I froze in shear fright. A bright, fiery light was lunging out of the rocker and heading straight for me. I turned my face away and my mind freaked out over the resemblance of a horned devil's face that had formed in the mass of the fiery light. It was only inches away until I turned to look straight ahead, and then it was gone. I yelled out, "Good, get out of my life, stay away from me." I totally thought I was losing my mind. Nothing like this has ever happened since. Good thing, 'cause I'm getting too old to deal with this kind of phenomena.

I can't end these encountered events just yet, because I discovered something, within the same year, within a photograph I had downloaded into my computer to edit. I had taken the photo standing on the top of the brick wall of my balcony. It was a really interesting sunset with glorious colors. Once I pulled it up on the screen, two faces popped out of the photo and one of them was just like the face that lunged at me while I was sitting in my bed. I could not believe it, I still don't believe it. I call the photo Good and Bad. Most people can see these two faces but some cannot. I can and I think this photo will always hold the most emotional ties than any other photo I've taken. It definitely was a bizarre year.




I Remember writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Begin your non-fiction autobiographical story or poem with the words 'I remember...' Complete the sentence conveying a moment, an object, a feeling, etc. This does not have to be a profound memory, but should allow readers insight into your feelings, observations and/or thoughts. Use at least 100, but not more than 1,000 words. The count should be stated in your author notes.


word count 723
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Lulube All rights reserved.
Lulube has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.