Horror and Thriller Flash Fiction posted October 1, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
In that moment, the world stops turning...

A Busy Mom's Unspoken Fear

by Y. M. Roger

Fear Flash Fiction - 50 Words Contest Winner 

Terri laughed as eighteen-month-old Robert threw his pacifier.  Again.
 
She tiptoed comically around the corner and returned…to an empty buggy.
 
Looking around frantically, she saw no one.  Heart racing, she ran screaming to the service desk. Terri pounded the countertop, demanding they immediately lock all store entrances.
 
Someone took Robert!


Writing Prompt
Write a flash fiction story of exactly 50 words about fear. The title is not part of the word count. Any genre is acceptable, just be sure the story in some way touches on the topic of fear.

Fear Flash Fiction - 50 Words
Contest Winner

Recognized


Something similar to this actually happened in a near-by town when my boys were little. The police, who were also called, caught the kidnapper coming out of the public restroom - she had already re-dressed the child and colored his hair. They said the mom saved the child by doing what she did because, at a glance, the child no longer fit the mom's description.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.