Humor Flash Fiction posted September 25, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Based on a true story

Not so fast Private Corp

by Earl Corp


I had a dream while I was in basic training at Fort Benning, Georgia. This wasn't just any dream, this one was in Technicolor.

It was right before breakfast and not yet  light out. If you looked at a clock it would have said 4:50 a.m. We were on the PT field doing pushups, when All of a sudden a chorus of angels appeared in the sky.

"Hallelujah," they sang.
Then Jesus appeared in the sky.

Everyone and I mean everyone, started floating into the sky for the Rapture except for me, my buddy Smuckatelly, and the drill sergeant. Since this was 1979, and there was no such thing as a cell phone the drill sergeant was writing everybody's name that was floating away as Absent Without Leave.
The drill told me and Smuckatelly to keep doing pushups.

Even in my dreams I'm Charlie Brown at Halloween.
"I got a rock."
 



100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: breakfast, light, rock, phone, clock

Recognized


This really happened. Now for the rest of the story.... I told Smuckatelly about my dream. The bastard ran, not walked, to tell the drill sergeant. The next thing I know I'm having to explain to the drill, while I'm in pushup position, why I don't think he's going to Heaven.
Snitches get stitches Smuckatelly.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Earl Corp All rights reserved.
Earl Corp has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.