General Fiction posted September 25, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a short story

tomboy wedding

by judester

Warm, morning sunlight flooded the tiny apartment. Glancing at the clock, she reached for her phone. No world altering news this morning, except for her wedding day!  Her white dress hung on the closet door.The huge bouquet of  lilies from her fiance  filled the room with a  lovely perfume. She smiled, whispering a little prayer of gratitude for her life right now.

The man of her dreams, friends and family were waiting for her at the church, then the newlyweds were flying to the Bahamas for a romantic honeymoon.

After a light breakfast, hot bath and awkward makeup session, she slipped on her wedding dress and ran out the door. Two minutes later, she returned for one last necessity.

He called it a wedding ring, but she called it her little rock.



100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: breakfast, light, rock, phone, clock


Thanks to SCHATZLING for the perfect illustration.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.