Spiritual Fiction posted September 24, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Anatomy of a bank robber

Clovis

by Sally Law


Clovis Cooper had become a couch potato in every sense of the word. He smelled. Food and empty beer cans were in piles next to him. The remote was encrusted with pork rind crumbs.

The television ran all day and night. He slept where he sat. He had a woman once; Dee was her name. She was nice and so was her cat. Long gone now. She couldn't take it anymore.

The bank heist had gone completely wrong. Did he really kill the security guard? The money was supposed to help.

He waited by himself for the cops to cool it. All by himself with the remote.

He wished for the gun he tossed in the dumpster.

He resembled a restaurant in town labeled a greasy spoon. No one willingly went there to eat; folks sorta ended up there.

Just ended up there! Just like the hellhole he had made.



150 Words Flash Fiction contest entry

Recognized


Clovis Cooper will reappear in my novella, Guilt By Association, chapter three. Watch for him and how the whole story develops...you do not want to miss this. Happy reading! Sally
P.S. Yes, I drew the picture of Clovis.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sally Law All rights reserved.
Sally Law has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.