General Fiction posted September 7, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
100 Word Dash

Old Jimbo

by Sugarray77


Cold stinging snow scraped Old Jimbo's face as he trudged up the mountain. He was looking forward to getting back to his cabin and settling in for the winter. The smoke coming from his chimney surprised him. He hallooed the cabin and firmly opened the door.

"Who's in my cabin?" Jimbo thundered.

"Hi Pa, its me and Sarah." A teenage boy answered from a dark corner.

"Ma died and Old Man Sikes brought us." "Can we stay?" Uncertainty laced the boy's voice.

Jimbo finally said, "Sarah, start the biscuits, Jimmy bring in more wood, I'll put together your pole beds."



100 Word Dash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sugarray77 All rights reserved.
Sugarray77 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.