General Poetry posted August 28, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Fall plays me like a yo yo.

My love/hate relationship (haibun)

by DALLAS01


My love/hate relationship

That warm familiar slant of Fall is settling in. I feel it roosting deep inside my solar-plexus as it tweaks and tugs at my dormant melancholy. God's perfect dichotomy lurking just around the corner. The clash of magnificent beauty pitted against a menacing cloud of migratory depression.. Why? What's the purpose? How is it that while bathing in its ardent splendor, I sink into the depths of vulnerability. No pause in between; simultaneously.

It's a symbiotic relationship that makes no sense to me. One minute I'm tap-dancing for joy in Fall's frothing radiance, the next, I'm bending into the pallor of obscurity. Like curling leaves, my nerves will turn inside out. All that I am, or am not, will be mutually exposed for all the world to see. Maybe I'm bipolar? Must remember to ask the doctor. There are meds for that.

 
Autumn's offering
playing on the doorstep
of my sanity

But not to worry. It's only August. Summer will linger a while. After all, it's just another one of those impassive seasons where I don't feel alive. Still have plenty of time to fine-tune my nature in preparation for my favorite time of the year.
 
smooth sailing
without a few waves
leads to dead sea



Recognized


Thanks to dragifortuna for the beautiful artwork
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. DALLAS01 All rights reserved.
DALLAS01 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.