General Poetry posted August 10, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a nonet poem

my ribbons

by judester

Let's Write Nonets Contest Winner 
Oh jousting knight, on your snow white steed
once again, with something you need.
Away with you, take your lance,
foolish knave, not a chance!
Those ribbons you crave,
perhaps I'll save,
keeping them
just for
me.








Writing Prompt
Standard rules for nonet form apply: This is a nine line poem. Line one is nine syllables, line two is eight syllables, line three is seven, and so on down to line nine which is one syllable. 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 ... Yes, you may write a reverse Nonet: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 syllables. YES, you may write multiple Nonets, reverse or regular in any combination. Only one is required.

A Question

Tree tops reach for the stars in earnest,
perhaps their roots toil unaware--
slaves to passion, blind instinct.
Do the stars then entice,
or do they run wild--
the trees unseen?
My answer ...
What is
faith?



The desired goal in a standard Nonet is a perfect triangle. The perfect triangle shape makes this all the more challenging. This shape is not a requirement, but the Nonet achieving this shape will draw the attention. On the other hand, you are encouraged to be creative. You may lay out your piece as you see fit as long as it is nine lines with the required syllable counts. The number of lines and the syllable counts are the only requirement.

Display, music, graphics, GIFs, etc. are all at the discretion of the author.

Let's Write Nonets
Contest Winner


Thanks to talented Angelheart. Seems like everyone wants to save me. fie! I'll keep my ribbons for me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Angelheart at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.