General Fiction posted August 4, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Scams are real, watch out for them.

Scams

by aryr

Although, not considered by many as an interesting topic, I will endeavor to address a heartfelt concern. SCAMS and HACKING.

It affects everyone, everywhere. If you have not become a victim, you are simply lucky, and your time will come.

I like you fell for the ploy that it will always happen to someone else, but never me. I trusted my credit cards and my bank cards.

Three years ago, was the first attack. I used my bank card to fill up a family member's vehicle. Next day I discovered charges from states that had never been to and countries. I knew where Turkey was on a global map and that they had camels. I laugh now, but not then. I was looking at $700.00 over two days. The bank immediately stopped any transactions, when I called. New cards were issued.

The second attack was just weeks ago, at gas bar. This seems to be the favorite attack area. Chips are secretly slipped into pumps. Again, a new card.

The banks advice is never use your card as a credit card, check your account regularly when travelling, let your bank know when you travel and always call immediately with concerns.



200 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story of 200 words. not including the title. Any subject accepted. Must be exactly 200 words.


If you report it, the bank will refund you the amounts. If you have questions ask me I will help in any way I can.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.