Biographical Non-Fiction posted July 15, 2018 Chapters:  ...4 5 -6- 7... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
For those who were curious

A chapter in the book Geoff's Ramblings

Coping With Change

by Sankey



Background
I decided on this way of adding more to my book "The Little Dog That Wouldn't Let Go" I just got finished, so as not to leave things "up in the air" and me still feeling I had to add more to my story.
This is the second attempt at this as I started posting yesterday around 5pm my time which I thought was Tom's maintenance time on the site (Midnight "Up Over" pretty sure,) turns out I was wrong about maintenance time but it disappeared.

I have posted about the sale of our car and the loss of my license on medical grounds. I have decided not to attempt getting my driver's license again, as due to my age and medical problems I know I would have to take driving test after driving test even if I passed the next one. Fact is, I just can't be bothered.

The car sold yesterday. We just have to wait for Mal, the new owner, to come back with the rest of the money that was delayed due to the automatic teller machine swallowing his son's credit card. Don't worry the car is still here.

I think Mal is an old "Hippy" that missed that era about 50 years ago. It is evident his memory is not all that good as his son had to continually prompt him. Mal got confused between the radiator and the Windscreen Washer reserve under the bonnet, yesterday, too. Perhaps due to years of smoking pot or something worse.

So: To the subject of coping.

I have been approved for Group transport for shopping on a fortnightly basis for the cost of $AUD10.00 a trip. The same goes for personal transport for doctor's appointments and so on, as needed. So far I am managing between getting groceries home delivered or either bussing to the supermarket for small shopping lists. Sometimes Louise accompanies me, on one of my walks, in her power chair down to the local shops for urgent groceries in smaller lots.

I guess a story on my walks might be "on the cards" in this book of Ramblings soon, too.

In the early days of license loss, a dear friend from church was helping with transport as needed. He still comes once a month to take me to Men's Breakfast at church, or if I need his help at other times.

I have become used to getting around with Louise in the wheelchair taxi for church or for appointments and days out for either of us. Louise has also, on a couple of occasions, been out for some relief from the "Cabin Fever" from being indoors too long, with one of her favourite carers. She had one go at Bingo but with her hearing problems and other difficulties with the seasoned senior bingo players blocking the numbers, that was the first and last time for both she and the carer, in that activity.



Recognized


FanArt pic I had is gone, sadly.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sankey All rights reserved.
Sankey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.