Biographical Non-Fiction posted July 13, 2018 Chapters:  ...3 4 -5- 6... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Sad Parting After 17 Years.

A chapter in the book Geoff's Ramblings

The End Of An Era

by Sankey




Background
I decided on this way of adding more to my book "The Little Dog That Wouldn't Let Go" I just got finished, so as not to leave things "up in the air" and me still feeling I had to add more to my story.
A sign of the times, as we age and our health deteriorates. So much so that neither of us can drive our car anymore. Louise could drive with no problems. Unfortunately, she is now unable to get into or out of our car. Her legs have "gone" on her and the only way she could enter or leave our car is with a hoist. Even with that assistance, it is too hard to manoeuvre her. Not forgetting that, while we might get her in on this end, how do they get her out at her destination?

As has been said in other places, I have lost my license due to health reasons and after four months I now have no further interest in attempting to get qualified to drive anymore. Lack of the necessary movement in my neck has precluded me from passing a driving test. Besides, at 67 in Australia, I would have to go for more testing more frequently as I get older. I just can't be bothered anymore.

We have loved our car and it has served us well these seventeen years. We have travelled many places in it on holidays in our retirement since we purchased it in 2001.



Recognized


I had a suggestion to add more photos so I have done that including one of my sweetheart at the wheel in better days. I think they explain themselves, except the last picture is Louise's power chair all folded and loaded up in the back - the reason we upgraded to the station wagon in the first place.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sankey All rights reserved.
Sankey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.