Horror and Thriller Fiction posted January 4, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Isn't everything just perfect?

A Dream Come True?

by frogbook


Finally, the adoption agency called. A sweet infant girl! It seemed meant to be. The couple just moved in to their dream home.

Already qualified, but disappointed twice when young mothers changed their minds, their fondest wish was coming true. They picked up cherubic 'Alice' same day.

Together for the first night in the new house.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Edward, did you hear....?"

"Sounded like footsteps."

"Oh no, the baby!" Shirley sprang out of bed, no fear for her own safety. Alice was sound asleep in her crib. Grateful to see her unharmed, Shirley took her into her arms.

"I didn't see a thing. How weird that we both heard it so clearly."

"Could I please let the baby sleep with us?"

"We discussed this.... can't get that started."

"You're right."

The next night, same time, both awakened, same sounds, but this time Shirley distinctly saw a shadow in the hall.

"Oh Edward, I hate to say it, but do you think there is something frightening about this house?"

"Nonsense," he declared, picking up the sleeping baby, handing her to Shirley.

He was overcome by fear and disgust as the baby's sharp fangs sank into the soft flesh of his wife's neck.

 



HOrror writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short flash fiction story between 100 to 200 words based on the themes specified in contest details.


Don't you just love little kiddies? Heh, Heh, Heh.


Picture from google search
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. frogbook All rights reserved.
frogbook has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.