General Non-Fiction posted October 28, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
travel plans by DNA

Ciao!

by elainec4

Countries of the World Contest Winner 

Ever since I spit in a tube, sent it off to Ancestry DNA, and discovered I was predominantly Italian, I decided I must see ITALY. This discovery was a shock. For thirty years, I researched my genealogy. Seven of the eight families I traced were French. So while awaiting my DNA results, I was busy planning my trip to France.

Now I know that I must explore Italy, the land of my heritage. In particular, I must see Port Arruzzo on the island of Elba in Tuscany. Port Arruzzo is a charming seaside town on the southeast coast of Elba. It has 3700 inhabitants within a five square-mile area. It boasts beautiful beaches surrounded by clear, blue seas. It tantalizes with the smells and tastes of pizza, pasta, and bread.

My great great grandfather Luigi Pietro Emanuelle Giovanni Nini set sail from Port Arruzzo to America in 1840. He crossed the Ligurian Sea, Atlantic Ocean, and Gulf of Mexico. He landed at Cheniere Caminada Louisiana coast-- a small coastal fishing village much like the one he left.



Countries of the World
Contest Winner
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by supergold at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. elainec4 All rights reserved.
elainec4 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.