Horror and Thriller Fiction posted July 31, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A horrible elevator scene

Wrong Time, Wrong Place

by HarryT


We were spending the weekend at the Conrad Hilton Hotel in downtown Chicago. After enjoying dinner at the Blackhawk restaurant on Wabash Avenue I pushed the revolving door for my wife and we walked into the comfortable, palm decorated lobby of the hotel, we stopped to take a look in the bar, but our friends had not yet arrived. We headed to a bank of golden door elevators. It was our plan to change into our evening clothes before meeting our friends for a night on the town.

Our room was located on the seventh floor. I pushed the up button next to Elevator 4. We watched the floor indicator arrow tooling down, then it stopped at number 2, the ballroom floor.
Thumping and banging echoed down the elevator shaft.

I turned to my wife and said, "Did you hear that? I hope this elevator is working okay. Maybe, we should take a different one."

Just as I pushed the up button for Elevator 3, we heard a long, sorrowful whine and then a half-hearted hee-haw.

"It sounded like a donkey, like it was hurt or something," my wife said.

Elevator 4 thumped to a stop, the door slid open and there to our horror was a little brown donkey, his throat slashed, blood pooling into an expanding pond. Standing over the animal like an angel of death was a man holding a knife blood dripping from the blade. One last faint hee-haw was uttered by the donkey. My wife and I could not believe the scene that unfolded before us. We stared at the man with incredulous eyes.

The man gave a shrug and said, " The jackass wouldn't move. I tried to push him into the elevator, but he wouldn't go. I had to get rid of him because it wouldn't do to have a donkey greeting people coming to a Republican fundraiser. "



And then, the elevator door opened writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
We hardly know what we may see when an elevator door opens . I chose Horror and thriller for those of you who are that genre' fans. I'm actually not. Good luck.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.