Letters and Diary Non-Fiction posted June 5, 2017


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
what is happening

An open letter to my fanstory friend

by Jim Lorson Sr

I'm not sure how to begin this letter to all of my fanstory friends. I will just get to the point. Back in the beginning of May, I was taken to the hospital by ambulance. Upon arrival, I was immediately taken to the Adult Intensive Critical Care Unit. I was gravely ill and the doctors and nurses worked hard to keep me alive. It was touch and go for the next 18 hours. I pulled through and made the efforts of those medical personnel worth their efforts.

Through this problem, they found a deficiency in my liver to keep my levels of iron where it should be. More testing next month. The urologist working with my personal urologist have discovered a new prostate cancer that has surprised both of them. As of this writing they are trying to figure out what can be done. I just shrug my shoulders and smile. Something I cannot worry about it. The third thing I must face is the issues of my back which will invetitably put me in a wheelchair within two to three years.

All of this being revealed, I will keep my membership open and pop in from time to time. I will not post any poems because my mind is not up to it because of the pain I live in. I wish you all great writing, great health and happiness. I will miss all of you and thank you for being my friend throughout these nine years.

Always a friend,

Jim Lorson sr



Recognized


Thanks to samanthasena for the use of this perfect photograph to enhance my goodbye letter to my fanstory friends!!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Jim Lorson Sr All rights reserved.
Jim Lorson Sr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.