General Fiction posted May 24, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The wrong place at the wrong time?

You Be The Judge

by Ogden

A Good Turn Gone Wrong Contest Winner 


JUDGE: ”Thank you, Officer Schmidt. You may step down.”

TESTIMONY OF THE ONLY OTHER WITNESSES:

OLD LADY: ”Judge, I was just going home, minding my own business and this here thug snuck up on me, and he said, "I’ll take that bag!” And then he grabbed my groceries! And then I kicked him in the shins, and I screamed like hell! That’s when the officer came running, and knocked him down and arrested him.”

THE ACCUSED: "Your Honor, I saw this old woman crossing the street, struggling with a heavy bag. I caught up with her - and I took the bag just as she was about to drop it. Then she kicked me, and the cop came out of nowhere, and tackled me. Look, he tore my pants!. I was only trying to help.”
                                           
  -o-                 
JUDGE: ”...disturbing the peace. Mr. Spicer, step down, and pay the cashier three hundred dollars - cash, check, money or credit card."



Writing Prompt
Please write a very short story based on trying to help someone, but it's not appreciated. Fun or serious. No poetry.

MAX words - 300

A Good Turn Gone Wrong
Contest Winner
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Ogden All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Ogden has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.