General Non-Fiction posted April 30, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
You may be aware of this unfortunate matter

The Sad Account of the Imaginary Moo

by Ogden

The Sad Account Of The Imaginary Moose

Somewhere there is a sticker who thought it was a moose. 

The moose is an imposing and esteemed animal, so it’s understandable that the sticker was distraught when the buffalo (not nearly as respected a beast, and long accepting of the fact that it only is a neighboring sticker on an RV) happened to tell him he was no moose (I know it was a lot of words to put between parentheses in the middle of a sentence, but it reads funny to me). Now back to the story.

I found it touching that Jeff - (that’s what the buffalo sticker calls its sidekick) - for fifteen years, had taken pride in moosehood, and lost it in only a few seconds. Jeff, believe it or not, doesn’t know what a sticker even is

Well, at least, try to be empathic. Picture this, and think how you would feel if -  you believed all of your life that you were an exalted human being, but then suddenly found out you really were a squirrel. (And you learned it, like Jeff, after a revelation that Geico sells RV insurance!)




Beautiful Creatures writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short essay about an animal - maximum 300 words. It can be a beloved pet or a wild animal you admire. The photo you include should be of the animal, or type of animal, you are describing.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Ogden All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Ogden has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.