General Poetry posted April 9, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
In 2015 Chris Christie insulted The Donald's temperament.

He Thought He'd Gotten Away With It!

by Ogden


Trump had fun at Christie’s expanse




Six Word Poetry Contest writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
The topic for this poetry contest is: Write a poem using six words about any subject, but be creative and original.


It is said that Donald Trump holds grudges against his detractors and other kinds of enemies, and exacts his pound of flesh however he can. Chris Christie, widely known as a bully with temperament and ethics similar to Trump's, did a 180-degree turnaround when his bid for the Republican nomination failed.
He became Trump's biggest, loudest, and most obsequious follower, transparently seeking and expecting appointment to high office. I suspect his behavior increased Trump's distaste for him. Trump played Lucy to Christie's Charlie Brown, repeatedly withdrawing the football just as Christie began his kick. His most obvious revenge was leading Christie to think he might be dubbed Secretary of State.

(I wonder if anyone noticed double entendres in these notes, and the poem itself.)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Ogden All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Ogden has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.