Humor Non-Fiction posted March 14, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Stan literally was

Outstanding!

by Ogden


Believe it or not, the clip art illustration is an remarkably true caricature of Stan
I don't know if you'll find this nearly as funny as we did. Maybe you had to be there.

It happened many years ago, yet it still makes me break out in a wide grin when I think of it. Five of us, creative guys and account executives, got into the elevator on the way to a fourth floor meeting. It was one of those old elevators, among the last in the city with a manual control, driven by a human operator - an old fellow, undoubtedly performing the mindless up-and-down job in this same small cab for many years. He closed the interior gate, the outer door closed with it, and we headed up. No one had told him our destination, so he called, "floor?" Stan, an account exec, quickly said, "Yes!" The elevator stopped, the door opened, Stan got out, the door closed, and we continued up to the fourth floor, all except the old guy laughing hysterically.



Made me Laugh-Out-Loud writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Poem or prose about an incident that you saw or that happened to you that made you laugh out loud....after the incident usually.....like the day a friend went sky-diving and her teeth blew away....or the kids at school asking whether I was covering a hickey, (love bite) on my neck because I always wear scarves. (I wish..)

Keep it short....half a page....we've all had these incidents...
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Ogden All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Ogden has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.