General Poetry posted February 25, 2017 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 9... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A poem dedicated to one of my best friends, Douglas Paul

A chapter in the book 2017 JAPANESE POETRY

haibun ( great egret )

by Gypsy Blue Rose

He sits quietly on his porch to write poetry.  He enjoys the beautiful outdoors at a peaceful south Florida town close to the sea. The poems are sometimes funny, and other times insightful. His alter ego, Poetic Badger, is a belligerent companion with a potty mouth and a horrible attitude. In spite of his bad manners and mean spirit, everyone loves the little shit.  Not too long ago, the poet learned to write haiku.  Each day he gets better and better at the ancient poetic form.  Recently, he dreamed of a heron. It's a mysterious bird, symbolic of serenity. His visionary ideas, big heart and wisdom, guide a group of haiku poets at a writers' social website called, FanStory.  He sits on his porch to write poetry.

 
great egret

nests on hot reed bed —

still sentient


 



 
 



Recognized


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
painting is by Yosa Buson

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

-A Simple Guide to Review Haiku and Haibun = is the haibun (the prose portion) easy to read? is the haiku (short poem) less than 17 syllables? can you tell what season of the year? is it about nature or human nature? how is the presentation? is it brief? meaningful? how does it make you feel? brings any memories?

Haibun is a Japanese literary form, combining prose and haiku. The range includes autobiography, diary, essay, prose poem, short story and travel journal.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

-A Famous Haibun -Oku no Hosomichi- ( The Narrow Road to the Interior [NRTTI] ) is a major work of haibun by the Japanese poet Matsuo Basho, considered -one of the major texts of classical Japanese literature.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The herons are the long-legged freshwater and coastal birds, some of which are referred to as "egrets" non-swimming waterbirds that feed on the margins of lakes, rivers, swamps, ponds and the sea. The herons are carnivorous.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Vocabulary-

-Reed beds are natural habitats found in floodplains, waterlogged depressions, and estuaries.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thank you for reading me.

Gypsy

My new Tanka class starts on March 6, 2017, at the FanStory classroom. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.

 photo 8fab74d0-29a0-4701-a3d9-45c7d9cfc967_zpsxd10utjn.png

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 photo b62502cd-f716-403c-9570-38812bae656e_zps5r0q0shh.jpg

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.