General Fiction posted February 16, 2017 Chapters:  ...8 9 -10- 11... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Abby conquers a problem.

A chapter in the book The Amazing Heist

Thinking

by aryr



Background
The team members included Abby (Annabelle), Henry, Sally, Paul, Billy and Freddie. Abby has suggested one last job and then retirement for a life from crime. Research assignments were being worked on.
Chapter Ten

"Sally, it's Abby. Glad I caught you. Listen, can you and Billy give Henry a call? He has made a discovery that could make your assignment so much easier. It is best if he explains it, and answer any of your questions."

"Sure, that's not a problem. We are all working together. We are family."

Abby hung up and settled back to think. The information that Henry had shared was significant indeed. She, like Henry, thought it was rather careless of the business. Sure, it was assumed that the computer companies would make their programs secure. She smiled as she remembered what one of her professors had drilled into the students. 'Never, ever assume because it could and probably would come back to you'.

In this case, it was a definite application of such advice. Both the companies and the security vehicles would be accountable for their actions and their errors. Computers had been around for some time. Changing from the super large machines that needed a whole floor at least to house the equipment to the current day laptops and tablets.

Computer programming degrees were being given out by colleges, universities and tech schools like candy at a Halloween party. Equipment was becoming high level and could do the most amazing things. But through it all, security was being missed or rather misrepresented.

When the team carried out the heist, the computer world would stand at attention and never again would they assume.

Ironically it was with this flow of information rambling around her brain, did she figure out the answers to the one problem that was bothering her. She had her answers and thus her plan.

Tomorrow she would see what Henry and Paul had to contribute. Then she would share the secret to 'the how to'.




Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.