General Fiction posted February 3, 2017 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 9... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Henry is a computer genius and works wonders.

A chapter in the book The Amazing Heist

Henry

by aryr



Background
The team members included Abby (Annabelle), Henry, Sally, Paul, Billy and Freddie. Abby has suggested one last job and then retirement for a life from crime. Research assignments were being worked on.
Chapter Eight

Henry was busy in his own world, he had always enjoyed computers. He had completed three different courses regarding computers. He could program anything he wanted. He was a whiz at fixing what some thought to be irrepairable. And he knew computers better than the back of his hand.

He had the equipment that was powerful enough to do so. Henry had at one point in his life thought about working in the computer field. He quickly learned that even with talent, the profits were made by the corporations, not the little guy. He would be damned before he would make someone else rich. He built his own computer to his specifications. It was comparable to the equipment used by NASA.

Henry was not surprised that Abby had assigned him the computer task. There was a little disappointment in the depth of the challenge. It had taken only three hours to determine that all the armored truck companies did use the same program. This was sold under two different names but were the really the same thing.

He was now figuring out a way to hack into the system. Regardless of the program, there was always a back door that someone could sneak into. If there was hacking to do, then by George he would do it.

He stretched for a moment to loosen up his shoulders, stood up and went to the fridge for a beer. Henry was grateful he had remembered that he needed some when he was shopping. He was even happier that Frank had decided to bring over a suitcase last night. His fridge was well stocked. A long sip created a sigh as the coldness trickled down his throat.

Henry's habit of talking to himself while working on the computer was parching. He grabbed a second bottle then headed back to his desk. He would work for another couple of hours today.

Frank had suggested pizza today and agreed to pick it up on his way home. That was three hours away.

Gazing at the four monitors, it was evident that the answer was there and he would find it. Tipping the bottle back, as he looked downward over the neck of the bottle he spotted the small blinking icon. He slammed the beer down, spilling some on the front of the shirt. He clicked the icon.

"Well, I'll be damned. I'll be a monkey's uncle. There is no friggin security. How about that? Armored trucks doing security service pick-ups and there is no security. Damn that is so stupid. No, it is down right ridiculous. Abby will be floored."

Henry just knew it would be easy to access. Easy to hack and bug. It would be easy pickings. God it felt good. He saved his information. He was done for the day. Tomorrow would be the day to get into the system and monitor things. Tonight he would enjoy the pizza and Frank's company.

He thought about calling Abby, but decided to wait until there was access and some result. He would be able to plot out the vehicles route once Billy and Sandy knew which direction they would be using.

A big swallow finished off the first beer. It was time to change the shirt. He could put his feet up and enjoy the second one. He could put his head back and relax.

'Take your time, Frank. It's going to be a great evening.' He thought.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.